2. My sister first highlighted to me about Zambry pre- Maghrib Azan speech during the fasting where he is sending the subtle message that he is the Perak MB. This is probably the first time I am hearing such announcement. Maybe the Malaysian PM (Najib or Rosmah?) should follow what Zambry is doing. Imagine the real power behind the title PM, coming on air and said,” Saya…. PERDANA MENTERI Malaysia, ingin mengucapkan selamat berbuka puasa kepada semua Muslim dan muslimat di Malaysia. After all she did it during Hari Raya!
3. It was reported today that Zambry had highlighted his sadness that a billboard carrying his Hari Raya wishes was vandalized and is disrespectful to the holy month of Ramadan. He said he was saddened by the incident as Ramadan is a month where people should purify their soul. Maybe this Zambry way of cleaning his soul once a year after dirtying it in the previous 11 months. I assume he will revert back to his old habits immediately within the first few days of Shawal.
4. Rightfully, Zambry pointed out that the month of Shawal is the month where people should seek for forgiveness and those seeking it should be forgiven. Unfortunately he fall short of asking for forgiveness for the role he played in the seizing the Perak leadership and for the hardship that he bring upon to Nizar and the PR exco’s. If anyone should ask for forgiveness it should be him. He owes it to the people of Perak but then I doubt people will forgive him. Personally, in my own opinion he is NOT the legitimate MB. He is the MB that was installed by the power brokers via the palace and lopsided court maneuvers. I will only accept his apology if he resigns and the DUN are dissolved.
5. For the past 2 days, I was in Terengganu visiting my extended family members. I always like to come back here. In fact, given an option I would like to live in Kuantan or in Besut. The open air, the hills, the beach and the simplicity and the warmth of the people has always been the center of attraction for me. This is paradise on earth. The only drawback would that I have to rely on the unstable dial up internet services.
6. Yesterday, I took to the streets of Jerteh as well as spending time in a coffee shop in Kampung Raja. Everywhere I go; it was never a dull moment when I poked on the issue of “Haji Deris” not being able to become the MB for the second term. Mohd Said is definitely not popular at all. There is a very strong view among the people on who should be the MB. In this place, UMNO is in turmoil. Unlike PR when UMNO fight among themselves, they do it behind the scene. The juicy bits do not come out in the MSM. I was trying to understand why Ideris Jusoh was not elected as MB.
7. The talk of town is that Ideris Jusoh was not elected because he is from Besut and historically Besut is part of Kelantan. The Terengganu Senior Royal family apparently does not like to have a Kelantanese to be MB in Terengganu. The verbal history that is passed down from one generations to the other has it that Besut became part of Terengganu after the Sultan of the two states places a bet over a cockfight and the Kelantan Sultan then lost. This led to Besut becoming part of Terengganu. Because of this, anyone from Besut would be considered as second choice in becoming the MB.
8. Apparently, prior to being appointed to his first term, there was also difficulty on the part of the Terengganu Royal Family to accept Haji Deris. It took several days of political haggling among the power brokers but eventually Haji Deris became the MB because UMNO was united. Apparently, Ideris Jusoh was not the first victim. In the 80’s, Dato Dollah from Kg. Jabi who was passed over because he was from Besut as well. It seems that Ahmad Said is not popular in most part of Terengganu and in particular in Besut.
9. I could see many of Ideris Jusoh landmarks in Besut. I would say his biggest contribution would not only be in the construction and infrastructure upgrade in Terengganu but in the field of education. I had always admired the Terengganu Government towards education among the people. We can see for the past 8 years or so, children from Terengganu schools have bagged so many awards at UPSR, PMR and SPM levels.
10. This time around, as part of a long term plan that was mooted 3 years ago , plan was put in place by the Terengganu State Government to ensure the children here receives decent education in IT. This year all Year 5 students received their E-book which is fully sponsored by the State government. I was impressed with the hardware and software that was given. It seems that the all the Year 5 students no longer carry textbook to school. This is the work of Haji Deris
11. I had always compare my children school (which is labeled as smart school) to schools in Kg. Raja and I had always says that the level of commitment among the teachers in my children school is much lower to those in the Kampong schools. A huge sum of PIBG funds is being used to compensate teachers in my children schools but the returns are very low if we were to use the UPSR result as a yardstick.
12. My children school is a smart school where every child supposes to use computers in their daily learning but after 10 years, the children in KL are still carrying heavy text book. In Terengganu, the children carry only E-book. MOE and all the smart schools in Malaysia should be ashamed.
13. As for the two MB’s both are not wanted by the people. One is appointed by the BN friendly palace and reinforced by the biased court and the other is appointed by the BN unfriendly palace. Awkward, isn’t it, especially in a country where democracy is supposed to be way to govern.